Programmes for Managers, executives, teachers and students are organised from time to time in the Ashrama premises and educational institutions. Competitions on speech, Essay etc. are organised every year on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda's birthday and the prizes are given to successful candidates. Felicitation ceremony for giving prizes to the brilliant students is also held every year. In order to provide value-oriented education, special programmes on 'Total Personality Development' are organised in the educational institutions, comprising of talk on 'Personality Development' followed by question-answer session and meditation session. These programmes are receiving great appreciation. Poor students are given financial help depending on the interest received from the endowment created for this purpose.
Recently the center has started Free Coaching Center for poor students. Everyday a 1hr Free Coaching is provided at Ashrama premises.
A special function to felicitate brilliant students (top ten students of secondary and higher secondary final exam of CBSE board of Vadodara) was organized on 16th June,2007 in the presence of a large number of students, their parents and teachers, Sri Rajiv Topno(District Collector of Vadodara) the Chief Guest of the function congratulated the students, their parents and teachers and advised the students to march forward with more zeal and achieve more but always try to discriminate between good and bad for their own welfare and for the welfare of the society. Smt Tejal Amin (well-known educationist) was also present as the Guest of Honour. In her brief speech she pointed out the importance of imagination quoting Swami Vivekananda. Earlier Swami Nikhileswarananda, in his welcome speech urged the brilliant students to march forward, and always remember the message of Swami Vivekananda – “ Arise! awake! and stop not till the goal is reached.” 40 students were given the shields, Citation of Honour, and photograph and books of Swami Vivekananda.
A special function to felicitate brilliant students (top ten of Secondary and Higher Secondary Exam of Gujarat Board) was organized on 24th June, 2007 in the presence of a large number of students, their parents and teachers, Shri Naishad Makavana (District Education Officer, Vadodara) the chief guest of the function congratulated the students and pointed out the importance of English language for them in the present scenario and gave details of new scheme of the Government for improvement of English for them. Swami Nikhileswarananda, in his welcome speech urged the brilliant students to march forward, and always remember the message of Swami Vivekananda – “Arise! awake! and stop not till the goal is reached.” 58 students were given the shields, Citation of Honour, and photograph and books of Swami Vivekananda
You might be glad to know that we are launching Life Membership Scheme for our Swami Vivekananda Library. The life members can avail the benefit of new 'Audio-Visual Section' which is an extension to our existing Swami Vivekananda Library. This scheme will start from 4rth of October 2011 on the auspicious occasion of 'Durgashtami'.
This 'Audio-Visual Section' contains CDs/DVDs on various subjects such as Religion, Philosophy, Indian culture, Value Education, Management, etc. These topics are expounded in the form of lectures by Swamis of our order as well as well as other renowned speakers. The library also contains value oriented animation movies for children, documentary movies depicting above mentioned topics as well as CDs on devotional songs, stotras, sankirtans, etc. Some of our present collections are given below.
We welcome you all to avail this unique 'Audio-Visual Section' facility by becoming Life Member (20 years) of our library. Anyone can become life member by paying Rs. 1000 /- as Life membership fee. No subscription fee will be charged. This public library is open to all irrespective of caste, creed, colour or religion. You can also contribute to this noble cause by donating CDs / DVDs or by donating money.
Cheque / DD may kindly be drawn in favour of 'Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial- Vadodara.'
The Rules ofthe new Audio-Visual Section are as follows:
1. The members will have to produce address proof at the time of registering.
2. One CD / DVD, a book and a periodical (not the current one) will be issued for one life membership card for a maximum period of 15 days.
3. In case of delay in returning a book or CD, fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be charged.
4. The CD / DVD should be checked for audibility and visuability at the time of issuing or returning. The member will be charged fine of Rs. 50/- if any defect is found in CD/ DVD due to negligence in handling.
5. The member should produce Life Membership Card at the time of issuing.
6. The authority reserves the rights to change the rules of the library. We have changed some of the rules of our existing Books Library.
The new changed rules are as follows:
1. The members of the 'Books Library' will have to pay deposit of Rs. 200/- and admission fee of Rs. 50/- . The yearly subscription fee is Rs. 50/-. One book and one periodical (not the current one) will be issued for one card for period of lSdays.
2. Membership of the members not utilizing the library for a period of one year or more or not utilizing the library properly will be cancelled and the deposit amount will be forfeited.
The library will remain open on all days except Monday, from 3:30 p.m, to 6:30 p.m. Free Reading room facility is also available from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.